Candy glazedd ham w/pineapple&cherries.
You can cook Candy glazedd ham w/pineapple&cherries using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Candy glazedd ham w/pineapple&cherries
- It’s of Main Ingredients.
- It’s 11 lb of hickory smoked spiral ham bone-in.
- Prepare 10 oz of candy cherries(I use Maraschino Cherries).
- You need 20 oz of canned pinapple slices in its own natural juices no sugar added.
- Prepare of Glaze.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Dark brown sugar.
- It’s 4 tbsp of regular white sugar.
- You need 2 cup of honey.
Candy glazedd ham w/pineapple&cherries instructions
- pre-heat oven to 300°f.
- PREPARING THE GLAZE; Pour cherry & pineapple juice into sauce pan.
- mix in remaining ingredients for glaze (Above).
- cook at medium/low temperature until glaze forms a sticky candy like look.
- while glaze cooks cut slits into ham so glaze can soak into it..
- when glaze is done pour a layer all over the ham, save some glaze! Just use enough to add first layer because we are gonna want a nice thick candy layer by the time it's done! ;-).
- Toothpick cherries all around ham and place pineapple slices around cherries!.
- Now add ham to oven and cook for about 1 hour and 20 minutes-1½hrs..
- Glaze every 20minutes for nice layer build-up.
recipe by germancoco @cookpad