Eggplant and yogurt salad. This tart Turkish-style salad is meant to be served with triangles of warm pita or other flatbread for dipping. Pureed eggplant, yogurt, green onions and cilantro are mixed together and placed on a piece of heavy duty foil in a bowl with a hot charcoal. In a pot over medium heat, add the eggplant and water; cook until tender and the water evaporates.
Thick Greek yogurt is a very common ingredient in Turkish cuisine and is often mixed with lemon juice, garlic, pepper and salt. It has a very creamy texture and refreshing flavor that goes well with fried or grilled vegetables, for example. Fold in the cilantro and half of the cumin. You can cook Eggplant and yogurt salad using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eggplant and yogurt salad
- You need 500 g of eggplants, preferably big and round eggplant.
- It’s 2 cups of yogurt.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dried mint, finely ground.
- Prepare 5/16 cup of Vegetable oil for frying.
When cool, add it to the yogurt mixture and stir to combine. This Mediterranean grilled eggplant salad with yogurt immediately caught our eye. It's simple: grilled eggplant and tomatoes with a yogurt mint sauce-but it's oh so delicious. It's one of those recipes where the sum of its parts is greater than the whole.
Eggplant and yogurt salad instructions
- Wash and peel the eggplants and cut into relatively thick slices, widthwise..
- Fry the eggplant slices in vegetable oil until they become light brown in color; making sure not to burn them. Drain on a kitchen absorbent paper..
- Mix the yogurt, garlic and salt in a bowl..
- In a serving plate, pour half the quantity of the yogurt mixture, lay the eggplant slices on the yogurt, then add the remaining yogurt over the eggplants..
- Sprinkle with dried mint and serve cold..
Serve it as a side dish alongside burgers or. I cook with it often, as my ever eggplant craving palate tends to throw frequent fits demanding something made with the vegetable. I had another one of such fits yesterday and to suppress it, I set out to make my favorite eggplant salad with yogurt and mint. Eggplant salad with yogurt is the best example to those legendary recipes. And today in this recipe I found another way to cook eggplant.