Lebanese Green Beans. Home » Lebanese Recipes » Lebanese Green Beans with Tomatoes. While Lebanese stewed green beans are typically made with beef and served over rice pilaf, we also enjoy eating them as a. It has been some time now since I shared one of my Lebanese family recipes!
TOPPING While beans are cooking, toast pine nuts in a DRY sautee pan over medium heat. This is a simple, delicious, and healthy Middle Eastern side dish. Talk about green beans, garlic, tomatoes and olive oil braised together to bring out a fantastic aromatic flavor. You can make Lebanese Green Beans using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lebanese Green Beans
- Prepare 3 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 large of onion, chopped finely.
- Prepare 1 of salt/ pepper to your taste.
- Prepare 1/2 kg of green beans chopped into 1 inch. pieces.
- Prepare 3 large of tomatoes, diced.
- You need 1 tsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
A simple, hearty green bean, tomato, and beef stew. I grew up eating Lebanese food. My grandmother used to have us over for dinner every Wednesday and she only made traditional Lebanese food. Simple pan-roasted lamb chops are served alongside deliciously spiced stewed green beans and tomatoes in a riff on a Lebanese favorite, lubiyeh.
Lebanese Green Beans instructions
- Heat oil in large pan and add onions..
- Add salt/pepper. Over medium heat, stir until onions become translucent..
- Add chopped green beans, mix and cover for about 5 min. on low heat..
- When green beans are tender (change in color also), add chopped tomatoes. Mix and cover for another 5 min..
- Add tomato paste and sugar. At this point if the tomatoes have not released enough liquid, you can add 3 tbs. There should not be too much liquid..
- Cover and simmer for a final 2 min. Green beans should be tender, tomatoes should be saucy. Enjoy at room temp. or cold. Tastes even better the second day. Serve with pita bread..
Serve with bulgur or rice pilaf. In this Lebanese recipe, tomatoes and green beans release some of their flavor into the cooking liquid Slow-cooked vegetable dishes like this one, a cumin-and paprika-spiced stew of beans and. Stewed french bean with tomato on Lebanese. Lebanese French beans served for dinner. Fresh traditional falafel wrap on pita bread with fresh chopped tomatoes.