You can make Pork Wellington using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Pork Wellington
- It’s of Pork tenderloin.
- It’s 250 gr of crimini mushrooms.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 5 sprigs of thyme.
- You need 1 of apple.
- You need of Puff pastry.
- It’s 4 slices of prosciutto.
- Prepare 2 tsp of yellow mustard.
- Prepare 1 tsp of honey.
- It’s 1 of egg.
Pork Wellington step by step
- Blitz the mushrooms and apples in a food processor. Add the thyme and crushed garlic..
- Cook the mushroom mixture till dry, approximately 15 minutes on medium heat, stirring regularly. And set aside..
- Season the pork tenderloin with salt and pepper. Preheat a pan on high heat, and brown on all sides..
- Lay out the puff pastry, shingle on a layer of prosciutto. On top of that spread out the mushroom mixture..
- Mix the honey and mustard and spread it out over the pork tenderloin. Place the tenderloin on the pastry, en roll it up tightly. Trim excess and ensure a tight seal. Wrap up in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour and up to two days..
- Preheat the oven to 220 celcius. Unwrap the package, score it and give it an eggwash. While still cold, place in the center of the oven for 25 minutes, or untill the pastry is cooked..
- Rest the meat for 3 to 5 minutes and slice 2 to 3 cm thick slices and serve with sides..
recipe by Rik @cookpad