Rainbow angel food cake. Add red to one, yellow to one and green to the last, blending to color. Frost cooled cake in a rainbow pattern. You might be an angel food cake purist, but if you're not, this recipe is for you!
In a totally non-creepy way of course. To this light-as-air cake, I added rainbow sprinkles. The cake I used was angel food cake, that I made myself. You can have Rainbow angel food cake using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rainbow angel food cake
- You need 180 grams of flour.
- Prepare 20 grams of corn flour.
- You need 100 ml of milk.
- Prepare 100 ml of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 450 grams of egg whites.
- It’s 160 grams of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of cream of tartar.
- You need of few drops food colouring (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purp.
I really like making meringue-based cakes, I've found. Meringue-based anything is so fun; mousse, Swiss Not to mention, it held the color really well, since angel food cake is perfectly white. I used actual food color this time, and not writing icing. Angel food cake, or angel cake, is a type of sponge cake made with egg whites, flour, and sugar.
Rainbow angel food cake step by step
- Mix two types of flour, milk, vanilla, and oil..
- Whisk egg whites, cream of tart, and sugar until soft peak stage.
- Fold in the egg whites into flour mixture in 3 times, stir well.
- Divide into 6, add food colouring. Pour into chiffon mould as you like, you can create different pattern from mine..
- Bake 160 deg celcius about 60-70 minutes. Let it sit upside down to cool..
- Enjoy it…
A whipping agent, such as cream of tartar, is commonly added. It differs from other cakes because it uses no butter. Its aerated texture comes from whipped egg white. An angel food cake pan is a tall sided pan with a removable bottom and a tube in the center. Slice angel food cake crosswise to make four layers.