Brad's panini w/ cream of broccoli & turnip green soup. Heat the panini press to medium-high heat. It is delicious and super healthy. Cream of Broccoli is an Imperial Oat Cream IPA.
I love making creamed soups, especially in the Fall when the weather starts getting cold. A few other favorites of mine are Cream of Chicken and Mushroom Soup, Dad's Creamy Cauliflower Soup and Cream of Asparagus Leek Soup with Creme Fraiche. Half of the blanched broccoli in this recipe is pureed and added to a creamy broth, while the other half is roughly chopped and This recipe was delicious! You can make Brad's panini w/ cream of broccoli & turnip green soup using 24 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's panini w/ cream of broccoli & turnip green soup
- Prepare of For the soup.
- Prepare 2 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 1 of large shallot, sliced.
- It’s 3 cloves of minced garlic.
- It’s 4 of large broccoli crowns with a few inches of stem on each one.
- You need 3 qts of chicken broth.
- You need 2 tbs of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 lb of chopped turnip greens.
- You need 3 sprigs of fresh tarragon.
- It’s 1 qt of whipping cream, not heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 cups of grated smoked cheddar cheese.
- You need of Cornstarch slurry…,optional.
- It’s of French fried onions for garnish.
- Prepare of For the panini.
- Prepare 9 of grain whole wheat bread.
- Prepare of Softened butter.
- It’s of Sliced smoked Swiss cheese.
- Prepare of Sliced smoked Muenster cheese.
- You need of Beechwood smoked ham, deli sliced.
- Prepare of Jerk spiced turkey, deli sliced.
- Prepare of Thin sliced sweet onion.
- Prepare of Thin sliced tomato.
- Prepare of Thin sliced avocado.
- Prepare of Mayonnaise and spicy brown mustard.
This is a stellar combination of juicy roast beef with bitter broccoli rabe and melty provolone cheese. All Reviews for Beef, Broccoli Rabe and Provolone Panini. Gluten free, low calorie, still cheesy. Grate the broccoli with a cheese grater, then mix it with the grated cheese, eggs, paprika, salt and pepper.
Brad's panini w/ cream of broccoli & turnip green soup instructions
- Start with the soup. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat. When heated add butter and shallots. Sauté until shallots start to caramelize. Add garlic and sauté 2 more minutes..
- Separate the broccoli stalks from the broccoli florets. Slice broccoli stalks thinly. Set aside..
- When shallots are done, add broth and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Add broccoli stalks and cook until they tenderize..
- Then add broccoli florets, turnip greens, and tarragon. Simmer until everything tenderizes..
- Use an immersion blender to blend everything in the pot until it is smooth. Add half and half. Bring back to a simmer. Stir often. add salt and pepper to taste. If you are good with the consistency, move to next step. If you feel it needs to be a little thicker, mix cold water and corn starch at a 1:1 ratio. Slowly add to simmering soup until you get desired consistency..
- Add cheddar to soup and stir until melted..
- I used a George foreman grill to cook the paninis, but in a pan works too..
- Butter the outsides of the slices of bread. On the insides, spread mayo and mustard. Next layer your desired ingredients on your sandwiches. Use a little cheese in between each layer to kind of act like glue..
- Grill or fry until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted. Slice sandwiches in half..
- Add soup to a bowl. Garnish with fried onions. Serve sandwiches on a plate. Enjoy..
recipe by wingmaster835 @cookpad
This soup give the basic Cream of Broccoli an added bonus. I serve it with cheesy bread and it makes a complete filling meal. Use reserved liquid to thin down if it is too thick. Add potatoes now if you desire. Find cream of broccoli stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection.