Ladybirds Choux Easter Bilbys.
You can make Ladybirds Choux Easter Bilbys using 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Ladybirds Choux Easter Bilbys
- You need 1 cup of plain flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 100 grams of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 4 of eggs – whisked.
- It’s 1 cup of thickened cream.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 tsp of caster sugar.
- It’s 1 dozen of pink marshmallows.
- You need 1 of liquorice stick.
- It’s of Toothpicks.
Ladybirds Choux Easter Bilbys instructions
- Preheat the oven to 220°C . Lightly line and grease a large baking tray and set aside till needed.
- In a saucepan , combine the milk , water , butter , sugar and salt , bring to the boil stirring occasionally then remove from the heat.
- Once milk mixture has been removed from the heat , sift the flour into the saucepan and using a wooden spoon , stir vigorously until it forms a soft dough , then scrap or plonk the dough into a bowl and set it aside to cool for 5 minutes ..
- Once cooled for 5 add the whisked eggs into the dough , in three batches , stirring with a woodenspoon each addition until the eggs are completely incorporated and it forms a glossy but sticky dough ..
- Now spoon the dough mixture into a pipping bag fitted with about a 1cm nozzle and gently pipe rounds about 2and a halfcm by 3 centimeters about 3 cm apart onto the prepared lined oven tray ..
- Now back in the Preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until golden and puffed , now turn off the oven but do not open it and leave them in there for a further 20 minutes with the oven off ..
- Then remove them from the oven and let cool completely and once cooled completely , using a small sharp knife , carefully cut the cooked pastry tops off horizontally ..
- Using a mixture , eclectic or hand , beat the cream , vanilla and sugar together until soft peaks form ..
- Cut the mashmallows in half the in half again to form long rabbit ear shaped pieces . And cut the liquorice into small thin strips so to use for whiskers ..
- Now spoon some of the whipped cream evenly into all the bottom half insides of the cut pastries . Using 2 of the coloured sugar pearls per top cut pastry pieces , push them into the pastry next to each other so to represent eyes ..
- Cut the toothpicks in half then using one half per mashmallow , piece the toothpick half through the mashmallow till the tip is just out , then push two premade mashmallow , one each side of the top of the pastry tops so to create ears.
- Place one prepared decorated pastry top onto each of the cream filled bottoms and push down very slightly , then preferably using a pink or black , sugar pearl , place it between the top and bottom pastry bits on the cream to create the nose , and gently place a few prepared liquorice pieces either side of the nose pearl so to make whiskers ..
- Once all are made up into little bilbys or you can call the rabbits if you like lol refrigerate into ready to eat or serve . Enjoy . 🙂 ..
recipe by ladybird @cookpad