Ultimate carrot cake. If you're baking our Ultimate Carrot Cake for a special occasion or holiday, like Easter Sunday, you may also want to put in the time to master Candied Carrot Curls. Carrot cake has always been one of my favorites, so I have eaten quite a lot of it over the View image. The Ultimate Carrot Cake. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet.
There have been many versions over the years, but this is the ultimate and it's great for a birthday or any other celebration. This is the best carrot cake recipe in the whole world!!!* (my opinion & I'm pretty biased!) I have made carrot cake so many times over the years. Walnut oil gives this cake's flavor special depth, and toasted walnut oil gives the very best result. You can cook Ultimate carrot cake using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Ultimate carrot cake
- It’s 155 ml of sunflower oil, plus extra for greasing.
- Prepare 230 g of self-raising flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of mixed spice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 230 g of light brown muscovado sugar.
- You need of Finely grated zest of 1 satsuma or mandarin, plus strips to decorate.
- Prepare 100 g of walnuts chopped.
- It’s 300 g of carrots, coarsely grated.
- It’s 3 of medium free-range eggs, beaten.
- You need of for the icing:.
- It’s 50 g of butter, softened.
- Prepare 200 g of full-fat cream cheese, we recommend Philadelphia.
- It’s 100 g of icing sugar, plus extra to dust.
- It’s of Finely grated zest of 1 orange.
- Prepare of For the orange peel glaze:.
- Prepare 2 of oranges.
- It’s 200 ml of water.
- You need 200 g of caster sugar.
Cakes are welcome on a Southerner's table year-round, but there's something about spring that makes us want to pull out our cake pans and build a layer cake. Look no further for the ultimate carrot cake recipe. This delicious recipe has raisins, walnuts Easter is right around the corner, and It wouldn't be right if I didn't share a recipe for my Ultimate Carrot Cake! This Carrot Cake is hands down the best, most amazing, ultimate carrot cake.
Ultimate carrot cake instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Grease an 18cm loose-bottomed round cake tin and line the base with baking paper. Sift the flour, baking powder and spices into a large bowl. Add the sugar, zest, pecans and grated carrots, then stir until well combined. Stir in the beaten eggs and oil, then mix well..
- Pour into the prepared cake tin and bake in the oven for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean. Transfer to a cooling rack, leave in the tin for 5 minutes, then turn out and leave to cool completely before icing..
- For the icing, beat the butter in a large bowl with a hand mixer until really soft. Add the cream cheese and beat again until well mixed. Sift over the icing sugar, add the orange zest, then beat until smooth. Store, covered, in the fridge until needed..
- For the orange peel, carefully pare the zest from the orange (a tool like this would be helpful). Put the water and sugar in a saucepan and heat until the sugar has dissolved. Add the orange zest and remove from the heat. Let the zest sit in the sugar syrup until it has completely cooled..
- Carefully cut the cake in half (watch our cheat’s how-to video here) then spread half the icing between the cake layers and the other half on top. Decorate with the orange zest strips..
recipe by thatcherfocaccia @cookpad
Yes, I know, I am biased. Fold the carrot, raisins (and any liquid) into the flour mixture. This cake is even better if left well wrapped for a day or two before icing and eating. After lots of testing, I finally have the perfect one: this Ultimate Healthy Carrot Cake ! In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.