Southern Icelandic Blueberry Skyr Cake. We had heard about skyr—essentially Iceland's version of a creamy, mild greek yogurt—but we had never tried it. With a crumbly crust and a creamy blueberry filling, the cake was everything one hopes for in a good. Recipe for Icelandic Blueberry Skyr Cake.
Sherine and I made an Icelandic Skyr Cake. Skyr is an Icelandic yoghurt with similar consistency to Greek yoghurt. Skyr is a wonderfully smooth & creamy Icelandic style of yogurt cheese that is high in protein and is also fat-free! You can have Southern Icelandic Blueberry Skyr Cake using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Southern Icelandic Blueberry Skyr Cake
- It’s of pre-made graham cracker pie crusts.
- It’s of heavy cream or whipping cream.
- It’s of x 5.3 oz blueberry Icelandic style skyr yogurt (Siggi's).
- Prepare of fresh blueberries.
- Prepare of ripe bananas.
- Prepare of chopped walnuts.
- Prepare of honey.
- It’s of small jar of blueberry preserves or fruit spread.
Spoon some of the blueberry sauce on top of the cake (save to rest of the sauce to serve on the side) and dot the cheesecake with fresh blueberries, blackberries and mint leaves. Our first dinner in Iceland was in Vik, a small town two hours southeast of Reykjavik. There aren't many restaurants in This blueberry mascarpone tart screams summer. A sweet pastry crust is filled with a sweetened lemony mascarpone cheese and topped with.
Southern Icelandic Blueberry Skyr Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Use chopper or food processor to finely chop walnuts. Spread walnuts evenly over both graham cracker pie crusts..
- Heat pie crusts in oven for about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and press walnuts lightly into crust. Pressing using parchment paper will help walnuts adhere to crust. Remove parchment when walnuts are pressed into crust..
- Slice bananas and place slices from one banana on top of walnuts on each pie crust. (1 banana per crust) Set crusts aside..
- Empty heavy cream or whipping cream into stand mixer. Turn mixer to medium high and thoroughly whip cream (about 3-4 minutes)..
- Empty 3 blueberry yogurts into mixer bowl with whipped cream. Using a spatula, gently fold the yogurt into the whipped cream, and mix well, but try to retain the fluff of the cream..
- Add 1-2 tbs of honey into cream mixture and mix well..
- Spoon half of cream mixture into each pie crust. Use spatula to level..
- Place half of fresh blueberries on top of cream mixture on each cake..
- Heat preserves/fruit spread in microwave until warm and easily spreadable, but not liquid. About 1 minute on medium high in microwave then longer at 20-second intervals until desired consistency..
- Spoon preserves/fruit spread over blueberries and cover most of the cream mixture on each cake..
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Each skyr cake makes 8 slices. Serve and enjoy!.
recipe by Troy Dye @cookpad
Icelandic Provisions was developed in partnership with Iceland's oldest farmer-owned dairy. It's the only Skyr made in the US using an original Icelandic recipe using heirloom Icelandic Skyr cultures. Think of it as the Nordic way to say 'no-bake cheesecake'. Seeds from ½ vanilla bean. lemon blueberry skyr poundcake. Icelandic Skyr & Blueberry Cake – A tasty Love Story.