You can have Carrot Cake using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake
- Prepare of For the sponge:.
- You need 250 g of self-raising flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 100 g of light brown sugar.
- You need 150 g of caster sugar.
- You need 150 g of vegetable oil.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 275 g of grated carrots.
- You need 230 g of tin of pineapple chunks.
- You need 75 g of walnuts, chopped.
- It’s of For the cream cheese frosting:.
- You need 200 g of butter, room temperature.
- You need 200 g of cream cheese, drained.
- Prepare 500 g of icing sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Zest of 1 orange.
- It’s of Walnuts for decorating.
Carrot Cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 170 fan. Grease and line 3 8 inch cake tins, I use Trex to grease my tins..
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon to a large bowl. Whisk together the sugars, oil, eggs, in a separate large bowl, make sure everything is well combined. Add the flour mix to the wet ingredients and combine well..
- Drain the pineapple, then blitz in a food processor, drain the pineapple again..
- Fold in the pineapple, carrots, and walnuts to the cake mix. Equally, divide the mixture between the cake pans. Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes. Cool the cakes in the tins for 5-10 minutes, then turn out and allow to cool completely..
- Meanwhile make the cream cheese frosting. Beat the butter and cream cheese together, once combined stop, do not overbeat (I use a stand mixer but you could use a hand mixer or make it by hand)..
- Sift the icing sugar and add half to the butter mix along with the vanilla paste and orange zest, beat until combined, then add the second half of the icing sugar..
- Add a little frosting to your cake board, attach you first layer of cake, cover with a layer of frosting, then another round of cake and continue until you have stacked all three cakes. You can then choose to cover the whole cake in frosting or just the top and decorate the top with walnut halves..
recipe by Katie Davies @cookpad