Green beans with Garlic-flaxseed breadcrumbs. In a pot, steam the green beans until tender-crisp. Heat the olive oil in a large saute on medium-low heat. DO NOT allow the garlic to burn!
Green beans get a French-inspired makeover in this delicious side dish. Serve it with Thanksgiving turkey for a fast and satisfying side or toss it together for an elevated weeknight treat! Cooked green beans are tossed with garlic powder, bread crumbs, olive oil, oregano and basil, and given a fine sprinkling of Parmesan cheese. You can have Green beans with Garlic-flaxseed breadcrumbs using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Green beans with Garlic-flaxseed breadcrumbs
- Prepare 3 cup of green beans.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter, softened.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 8 clove of garlic, chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried parsley flakes.
- You need 1 tbsp of Extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flaxseeds, ground.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano, dried.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
All Reviews for Green Beans with Bread Crumbs. Next I put the whole thing in a baking dish sprinkled it with more breadcrumbs & parmesan and put it. Add green beans (the dryer they are, the less they will spatter when they hit the oil) and cook, covering skillet as needed if beans are spattering, until browned The best effing green beans I've ever had. Skipped the capers, added lightly smushed garlic and shallots, topped with toasted Panko and parm.
Green beans with Garlic-flaxseed breadcrumbs instructions
- Clean green beans and add to boiling water for about 8 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In small bowl, mix butter, garlic, parsley, flax seed, oregano, onion powder, salt and breadcrumbs..
- Drain beans, shake out on baking sheet, and drizzle olive oil. Shake to coat beans evenly with oil..
- Take crumb mixture and spread over beans, mixing together with spoon to coat beans..
- Bake in oven at 400°F for approximately 6-8 minutes, until breading is slightly toasted and garlic is cooked..
Add the garlic, green beans, and pepper. Serve the beans and sauce topped with the toasted breadcrumbs. These beans are cooked just until tender, tossed with a lemony vinaigrette and topped with a blend of toasted almonds, breadcrumbs, garlic, and lemon zest. No need to stress about keeping it warm! Make the vinaigrette and almond breadcrumb topping ahead, and then combine them with the green.