Molten chocolate mug cake. With a moist, cakey outside and a gooey, saucy inside, it's hard to believe it's made in the MICROWAVE! Molten chocolate mug cake makes two moist chocolate cakes with warm molten centers. Moist chocolate cake with a warm, melty chocolate center.
Rich chocolate cake is filled with warm, gooey chocolate truffles. It's the perfect single-serve dessert (easily can be doubled for two!) and is sure to fix any chocolate craving. Double the deliciousness — this molten chocolate mug cake comes with an irresistible melted chocolate centre. You can have Molten chocolate mug cake using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Molten chocolate mug cake
- You need 1/4 cup (30 grams) of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup (50 grams) of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 tablespoons (12 grams) of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- It’s 3 tablespoons (43 grams) of unsalted butter, melted.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons (45 ml) of whole milk.
- It’s 1 of smallish egg.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 oz (28 grams) of lightly broken up chocolate of your choice (I use semi sweet or milk chocolate, but anything from chocolate truffles to Nutella are great additions).
- It’s 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of water.
- You need As required of Berries and Ice Cream (optional for serving).
If you're the kind of person In just a matter of minutes you'll be spoon deep into one seriously tasty dessert, get making yours now. Chocolate Mug Cake with Chocolate Chips. I don't often have a reason to bake a cake and even if I think, "well, I don't need a reason!" baking a big Technically this is a molten chocolate mug cake but it's not like a lava cake which has a very liquid center. Instead, you pile the chocolate chips on.
Molten chocolate mug cake instructions
- In a two cup capacity microwave-safe mug or bowl. With a fork whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt until well combined..
- Add in the melted butter, milk, egg and vanilla. Whisk well to combine, making sure to mix in the flour mixture in the bottom..
- Place the chocolate pieces in the center of the mug. Do not push down; it will sink as it bakes..
- Drizzle the tablespoon of water right on top of the batter..
- Cook in microwave on full power for 1 minute and 15 seconds to 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Let it cool for about 5 minutes so you don't burn your tongue, and the waiting will also help thicken the sauce in the bottom. Top with berries or ice cream if desired.. and Ta-Da it's ready 😋😋.
It's decadent, smooth and absolutely heavenly! You won't believe that this lava Or molten chocolate cake cravings? I know I do, and when I need my quick fix I just make this seriously awesome microwave mug cake that. This molten chocolate cake, created by master chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten is ready in under an hour! Molten chocolate cakes became famous for a reason: they're cakey on the outside with an irresistible center of warm dark chocolate flowing through the middle.