lemon supreme pie. Gently stir in lemon juice (do not overmix). In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping and lemon juice.
Light and fluffy lemon filling in a basic pie crust. I use the All-Butter Pie Crust recipe, and I freeze the second crust for later. But I was always drawn to the lucius "Lemon Supreme". You can cook lemon supreme pie using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of lemon supreme pie
- Prepare 1 of graham cracker crust.
- You need of Top Filling.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 6 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tsp of grated lemon peel.
- You need 4 of drops yellow food coloring.
- You need 1/2 cup of lemon juice.
- You need of Cream cheese filling.
- It’s 11 oz of soft cream cheese.
- It’s 3/4 cup of confectioners' sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of cool whip.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
With a creamy, lemony filling sitting on top of an irresistible cheese cake like base, this pie was always one that I dreamed about. Sadly in recent years, most of the Baker's Square restaurants in the Chicago area have all but vanished. In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Lemon Supreme Pie Brandon's favorite pie is the Lemon Supreme from Village Inn – a perfect combination of smooth cream cheese and tangy lemon.
lemon supreme pie step by step
- Read through all directions before starting..
- Combine 3/4 Cup granulated sugar, cornstarch and salt into medium pot. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat..
- Reduce heat and add remaining gran. sugar. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thick and bubbly..
- Remove from heat; stir in butter, lemon peel and food coloring..
- Gently stir in lemon juice. Cool to room temp. about 1 hour..
- For Cream Cheese filling – beat cream cheese and con. sugar in Large bowl until smooth. Fold in whipped topping and lemon juice..
- Refrigerate 1/2 Cup for garnish..
- Spread remaining cream cheese into shell, top with lemon filling..
- Place reserved cream cheese in pastry bag and pipe star on pie. Store in fridge. Refrigerate overnight or until setup..
- Eat and Enjoy :).
I was on the food committee for a church function last night and needed to bring a pie, so I was browsing the internet and was so excited to find this recipe. The flavor combination of a sweetened cream cheese layer and a sweet-tart lemon curd layer in a pastry crust makes this a winner of a pie. Home chefs that have made this pie comment on how the tart. DIG INTO A WORK OF TART. Tangy lemon filling over cool, creamy supreme filling inside our flaky, golden pie crust, then topped with real whipped cream.