Gyro Meat W/Tzatziki Sauce. Place the chopped cucumber in a tea towel and squeeze to remove the liquid; discard liquid. Remove from the oven and take the meat out of the loaf pan. Let it cool on a cooling rack for a few minutes.
Easy Chicken Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce. It's a simple cucumber sauce made with fresh dill, red wine vinegar, Greek yogurt, and garlic. Tzatziki (Satziki) Sauce – Gyro Sauce. You can make Gyro Meat W/Tzatziki Sauce using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Gyro Meat W/Tzatziki Sauce
- Prepare of Gyro Meat.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 lb of ground lamb.
- It’s 1/2 of large sweet onion finely grated.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves finely grated.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of za'atar.
- It’s 2 tsp of Montreal seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- It’s of Tzatziki Sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of Greek yogurt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried dill.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of granulated garlic.
- You need 1/4 tsp of crushed mint leaves.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of cucumber seeded, grated and drained.
Place yogurt in a small colander lined with several layers of cheesecloth or coffee filters. Place colander over a small bowl into which whey will drain. And these gyros make great leftovers. Just keep the veggies, meat, and tzatziki sauce stored in airtight containers in the fridge and enjoy them for lunch the next day.
Gyro Meat W/Tzatziki Sauce step by step
- Mix all gyro meat ingredients together in large mixing bowl and let sit overnight. If you don't have or like Montreal seasoning use salt and pepper to your taste. I just happen to prefer Montreal seasoning over plan salt and pepper on red meat..
- Blitz the meat mixture in a food processor to get to a fine consistency. I had to do it in 4 batches in my processor. Once it's all done press into a well greased meatloaf pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight..
- Steps 1 and 2 can all be all in one day. I just took the approach of letting the meat marinade and also resting to firm up after blitzing. Chili always tastes better the next day so why not gyro meat..
- Mix all the ingredients together for the Tzatziki sauce except the cucumber. Let sit overnight to allow the dried spices rehydrate a bit and flavor the yogurt. Don't over do the seasoning at the beginning because the flavors will intensify, if to strong more yogurt can be added..
- Pre heat the oven to 400°. Add the grated and drained cucumber to the tzatziki sauce..
- Bake the gyro meat covered for 15 minutes then uncover and bake for another hour. Keep an eye on it to make sure the meat doesn't get too much color, recover if needed to finishing cooking..
- Drain the fat off and let the gyro meat rest for a few minutes. Stand on a cutting board lengthwise and shave off what you're going to eat right away..
- Serve on homemade pitas with the tzatziki sauce and spinach pie on the side!.
Prepare the Tzatziki Sauce (ideally you will have done this ahead of time as it needs to sit in the fridge for at least an hour). Gyro Meatball Loaded Fries with Tzatziki Sauce. Yay…I just got a bunch of lamb meat to try and it looks like a great recipe. I'm looking forward to making it in the near future! Tzatziki Sauce is a versatile condiment that will make all of your Mediterranean recipes better!