Open-faced thyme pies – manakeesh bi zaatar. Chef Kamal demonstrates how to prepare these delicious Thyme or Red Pepper Pizzettas. Ice cream sandwich with whoopie pie cookies. Chef making healthy vegetarian salmon burgers outdoor on open kitchen, odprta kuhna, international food festival event.
Dilute the rice in a bit of cold water. Boil the milk and add the rice. Pour in cups and allow to cool. You can cook Open-faced thyme pies – manakeesh bi zaatar using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Open-faced thyme pies – manakeesh bi zaatar
- It’s of – For the dough:.
- Prepare 3 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dried yeast dissolved in ¼ cup warm water.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s of – For the thyme mixture:.
- Prepare 2 cups of dried wild thyme, finely ground.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sumac.
- You need 1/3 cup of sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
Sprinkle pistachios on the surface before serving. Manakeesh is a Lebanese flatbread topped with a variety of possibilities such as za'atar (zaatar), cheese, an onion and tomato mixture, or keshek. Serve warm or at room temperature. Keeps well for about a week in Tupperware or sealed baggie (Place the cheese Manakeesh in the fridge).
Open-faced thyme pies – manakeesh bi zaatar instructions
- In a bowl, mix all the thyme mixture ingredients together. If needed add some water to get a medium fluid mixture..
- To prepare the dough: mix the flour, sugar and the water dissolved yeast. Add the vegetable oil and mix again. While kneading, gradually add the water until you get a well-combined dough..
- Cover the dough with a plastic wrap and leave it to rest in a warm place for at least 1 hr..
- After the dough has risen, knead it again, with some flour on your hands. Divide the dough into big parts and roll each part on a lightly floured surface using a rolling pin. Cut the dough into 10 cm diameter circles using a circular pastry cutter..
- Top each circle with 1 tablespoon of thyme mixture..
- Slightly grease 2 oven trays with olive oil and place the manakeesh on them. Bake at medium heat for around 20 min or until the bottom of the dough turns lightly brown..
- Serve warm or at room temperature..
Manakeesh Bil Zaatar Flat Bread With Zaatar Thyme Pie. This is a lovely Lebanese bread topped with zaatar spice mix, eaten any time of the day. or night! In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for the zaatar spice mix and add in the remaining oil and give it a good mix. Spread the oil-zaatar mixture over the surface of each bread. Pita is nice, but when I have a little extra time, I make up a batch of manakish zaatar to eat over a few days.