Vegetarian Tofu Loaf.
You can have Vegetarian Tofu Loaf using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Tofu Loaf
- It’s 1 block of Firm tofu.
- Prepare 1/2 small of Onion.
- Prepare 2 of Shiitake mushrooms.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Miso.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Cake flour.
Vegetarian Tofu Loaf step by step
- Microwave the tofu, uncovered, for 3 minutes and 30 seconds (if using 300 g of tofu). Wrap it with a kitchen towel, place a weight on top of it and let it drain for at least 3 hours..
- Slice the onion and shiitake mushrooms thinly, heat oil in a frying pan and stir fry them. When the vegetables are coated with the oil, add the soy sauce and some water, cover and steam fry over low heat..
- When the onion and shiitake mushrooms soften, take the lid off and evaporate the remaining moisture..
- Let the vegetables from Step 3 cool down. In a bowl, mash the tofu with your hands, then add the vegetables from Step 3, miso, and flour to the bowl and mix well. (Adjust the amount of flour according to the amount of moisture in the batter.).
- Shape the batter into a loaf shape and bake in the oven at 180°C for about 15 minutes..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad