Struffoli. Using a large spoon or damp hands, arrange the struffoli and hazelnuts around the glass to form a wreath shape. Drizzle any remaining honey mixture over the struffoli. Dessert has come and gone, and you swear that you cannot eat another bite.
The first time I tried Struffoli was actually quite recently, when my daughter brought home a homemade one from her visit to her Neapolitan friend. Struffoli is quite easy to make because the authentic struffoli recipe doesn't require complicated techniques. And you do not need to wait for a special occasion or join the Carnevale to enjoy this dessert. You can make Struffoli using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Struffoli
- You need 8 cup of of oil for frying.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of of four.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of of sea salt or table salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of lemon zest or to your liking..
- You need 1 tbsp of orange zest or to your liking..
- It’s 1/2 tsp of lemon extract.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 of a stick of butter.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1 large of jar of honey.
- Prepare 1 of jar of candy sprinkles.
We recommend you refer to our recipe below for an authentic Italian Struffoli experience. Authentic Struffoli Recipe Struffoli are little balls of dough in a honey/sugar glaze, with nonpareil sprinkles. My grandma always made them for Christmas, but since she can't do it anymore, I came up with my own variation that she loves because mine are a little bit sweeter than the traditional bread-like ones. The struffoli can then be put into whatever serving dish you like.
Struffoli step by step
- In bowl put 2 1/2 cups of flour.1/2 cup of sugar.1/2 teaspoon salt. mix in eggs.
- Add 1/2 stick of butter cut into pieces.lemon and orange zest.and vanilla extract..
- Knead dough if sticky add more flour..
- Form into ball or log put in baggie then refrigerate for 30 minutes..
- When cold divide into 6-8 pieces.cut pieces and roll into pencil shape.
- Cut into pieces as small or big as you like roll into balls..
- Fry in oil 350°F until golden brown on both sides..
- Turn over on both sides untill golden brown..
- Heat honey in pan add 1 tablespoon of water to honey throw struffoli in honey coat them all with honey then remove.put on platter. put colorful sprinkles on. Enjoy :).
I use one with a lid as they should be covered when stored. In my house that is on the kitchen island for easy munching. After they have sat over night they will need a good stir as the honey sets to the bottom. They may need more honey as well as they absorb it as they sit. Fry the struffoli a few handfuls at a time, until puffed up and golden brown.