Nolen Gurer Payesh(Rice pudding with palm jaggery).
You can make Nolen Gurer Payesh(Rice pudding with palm jaggery) using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Nolen Gurer Payesh(Rice pudding with palm jaggery)
- You need of Whole Milk.
- You need of GobindoBhog Rice /Basmati Rice.
- Prepare of Ghee(enough to smear the rice with).
- It’s of Raisins (a fistful soaked in water).
- It’s of Bay leaves.
- You need of Khejur Gur or Palm Date jaggery.
- Prepare of broken cashews.
Nolen Gurer Payesh(Rice pudding with palm jaggery) instructions
- Wash the rice, drain the water and then smear the rice with a little ghee.
- Pour Milk in a boiling pan, usually a deep heavy bottomed pan..
- Add the Bay leaves.
- When the Milk come to a boil add the rice..
- Reduce heat and cook the rice covered.
- Stir intermittently and check if the rice is done..
- You kind of have to keep stirring frequently else the milk might scald the bottom of the pan as it thickens..
- By the time the Milk has thickened to the right consistency, the rice should have cooked to perfection as well.
- Take the Paayesh off heat and add the Khejur Gur after 5 mins and stir well(adding jaggery while cooking, may split/spoil the milk).
- Finish by adding raisins and cashews.
- Serve warm or chilled,as per your taste preferances.
recipe by A Chef and A Mom @cookpad