Tzatziki. Tzatziki, cacık or tarator is a dip, soup, or sauce found in the cuisines of Southeast Europe and the Middle East. It is made of salted strained yogurt or diluted yogurt mixed with cucumbers, garlic, salt. Watch how to make Greek tzatziki sauce in this short recipe video.
You can serve Greek tzatziki as a dip for veggies and pitas, as a spread for burgers and sandwiches or as a. BEST authentic Greek Tzatziki Sauce recipe. Tzatziki sauce is a Greek cucumber yogurt dip. You can cook Tzatziki using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tzatziki
- It’s 300 ml of Greek yoghurt.
- Prepare 1/4 of cucumber.
- Prepare 1/3 bunch of mint.
- It’s 1 tsp of dill.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare pinch of salt.
This tzatziki sauce tied everything together. I pretty much drowned my chicken and smothered everything on my plate with it. This Greek tzatziki recipe is easy to make, and SO fresh and delicious! Feel free to serve this as a tzatziki sauce on gyros or sandwiches, or use it as a tzatziki dip with pita and your favorite veggies.
Tzatziki step by step
- Add the yoghurt to a bowl. Chop the cucumber into small cubes, about 1/8 inch each. Finely chop the mint and add both to the yoghurt..
- Smash the peeled clove of garlic with the flat of a knife and put this in, too..
- Finally, add the dill, lemon juice and salt, stir, then put in the fridge for at least 40 minutes. All the flavours will seep into the yoghurt, so honestly, this part, where you do nothing, is the most important bit..
- Once it’s done, remove the garlic clove, as it’s an unpleasant surprise otherwise, and smear liberally over meat and bread to hide a multitude of culinary sins. Or just dip carrots in it, and eat it that way..
The BEST Homemade Tzatziki Sauce Recipe! This easy tzatziki sauce is made with Greek yogurt, sour cream and fresh dill! This Easy Tzatziki Sauce recipe is one of my all-time favorites! This is the best homemade tzatziki recipe! Refreshing cucumber, creamy Greek yogurt, and zingy lemon make it the perfect sauce for just about everything. 🎦 Tzatziki.