Pig in Blankets and Brussel sprouts with sweet plum sauce. The Brussels sprouts are roasted in the oven until crispy and served with a sweet and sour plum sauce. We were dining at Tatsu-Ya and ordered their dish "Sweet & Sour Yodas". It consists of deep fried Brussels sprouts served and a sweet-sour plum sauce that contains apricot vinegar and curry.
This side dish has a nice sweet-and-sour balance, and bacon adds a tasty accent. Sprout lovers will definitely approve of this flavorful treatment. Roasted brussels sprouts soak up this delicious honey sauce, creating a combo you just can't beat. You can have Pig in Blankets and Brussel sprouts with sweet plum sauce using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pig in Blankets and Brussel sprouts with sweet plum sauce
- It’s 1 cup of Brussel sprouts (cut in half).
- Prepare 1/4 of red onion (thin sliced).
- You need 1 pack of pigs in blanket.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sweet plum sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of soysauce.
- Prepare of Ground pepper.
For crispy results, preheat your baking sheet. I have never put sauce or glaze on brussels and am a full convert. Turkey and Stuffing, Pig's In Blanket and Brussel Sprouts flavours. Vibrant Brussels sprouts tossed with bright orange oven roasted sweet potatoes make for a gorgeous plate of vegetables!
Pig in Blankets and Brussel sprouts with sweet plum sauce step by step
- On a medium heat pan, add pig in blankets and fry them for about 5 min or until they 50% cooked then turn over and leave them to cook for another 2-3 min. Add some red onion and Brussel sprouts in and mix well..
- Season it with sweet plum sauce and soysauce. Put a little bit of ground pepper before serve. Enjoy 😊.
I scooped up a healthy serving and ate it with Adding a little extra flavor such as curry powder and celery salt give these oveb roasted sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts character! Brussels sprouts were cultivated in the thirteenth century near Brussels, Belgium where it is believed they derived their name. Toss sprouts with parsley and enough sauce to coat. Serve remaining sauce on the side. While sweet potatoes roast, trim stems of the brussels sprouts, cut in half, and toss with the rest of the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.