Eggless Christmas Cake.
You can make Eggless Christmas Cake using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Eggless Christmas Cake
- It’s 1 cup of mix dry fruits (raisins, apricots, glace cherries and dry pine apple).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of hot water.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of oil or melted butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of orange juice.
- Prepare 1 cup of nuts chopped (cashew nuts, walnuts,pecans and almonds).
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of grated nutmeg or powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
Eggless Christmas Cake step by step
- Take a bowl put raisins, apricots, cranberries and pineapple after that add 3/4 cup hot water(boiled) and keep aside for cool..
- When the mixture cools down, preheat the oven to 180 C for at least 15 mins..
- Add the brown sugar, melted oil, orange juice, vanilla and vinegar to the fruit mixture, mix well..
- In another mixing bowl, sieve 3 times flour, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg powder and soda..
- Mix up the flour mixture in the fruit mixture on 4 batches. Make sure the fruit mixture has cooled down before adding it to flour..
- Mix gently with a spatula using cut and fold method.
- Add chopped nuts in the mixture, mix well but do not over mix..
- Pour into a grease and dust pan. tap the pan on the kitchen counter 2 or 3 times..
- Keep it in the oven and bake at 180 C for 35 to 40 mins or take a knife inserted comes out clean means cake is baked..
- Cool the cake in the pan for 10 mins after that transfer it to chopping board or plate and cut into slices or if you want you can garnish with cream or gel..
- You can choose nuts and dry fruits according to your taste..
recipe by Minakshi Singh @cookpad