Lime & Date Pickle.
You can cook Lime & Date Pickle using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lime & Date Pickle
- Prepare 10 of numbers Lime.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Oil.
- You need 1 cup of Dates, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Garlic, sliced.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Ginger, sliced.
- You need 2 of Nos Green chilli, sliced.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Kashmiri chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of Chilli powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Asafoetida powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Mustard seed.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Fenugreek seed.
- Prepare of as required Boiling water.
- You need to taste of Vinegar.
- Prepare to taste of Sugar.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Oil.
Lime & Date Pickle instructions
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a pan, saute lime until the color changes. It takes about 5 – 10 minutes. Allow it to cool and cut each lime into 8 pieces. Discard juice and oil..
- Heat 1/2 cup oil in a pan, fry mustard seed, fenugreek seed, garlic, ginger and green chilli slightly. Remove pan from heat and add kashmiri chilli powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder and asafoetida powder..
- Add chopped dates along with little boiling water and cook in low flame until soft. Add required amount of boiling water, salt, vinegar and sugar, bring to boil until thick. Switch off flame and add lime pieces, mix well and adjust the taste..
- Let it cool completely and store in airtight container. Pour little oil on top of the pickle. Keep refrigerated to increase the shelf-life..
recipe by Priyanka @cookpad