Pam's version home made(MA'AMOUL)date filled cookies/pastries. They are traditional at religious holidays in the Levantine region. I liked those kind of little pastries and was looking forward to having them at hand again. Recipe for maamoul, a nut-filled cookie-like pastry that is sweet, yet nutty.
Next press the filled dough balls one by one into the ma'amoul mold. To snap the dough out of the mold, tap the tip of the mold against the edge of the counter with a firm. Ma'amoul is an ancient cookie filled with fruits and nuts such as dates, walnuts, and pistachios. You can have Pam's version home made(MA'AMOUL)date filled cookies/pastries using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pam's version home made(MA'AMOUL)date filled cookies/pastries
- Prepare of for the dough….
- It’s 1/2 kg of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 stick of unsalted butter melted.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of white sugar.
- Prepare 2 can of heavy cream(170g each).
- It’s of for filling….
- Prepare 400 grams of date paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of unsalted melted butter.
- It’s 1 of powder sugar for dusting.
The cookies are traditionally prepared for Easter, festivals, and celebrations, and they are typically shaped into balls or domes. A recipe for Middle Eastern ma'amoul pastries stuffed with dates or a variety of other fillings. Ma'amoul means "stuffed" in Arabic, and these cookies can be stuffed with a number of different fillings. Date filling is traditional for celebrating Eid, but These cookies are easiest to make using a ma'amoul mold (which can be purchased online or at Middle Eastern grocery stores), but below I also.
Pam's version home made(MA'AMOUL)date filled cookies/pastries step by step
- in a large bowl combine flour,heavy cream,butter and sugar untill dough is formed.cover set aside for 15 min.
- in another bowl your date paste in..add ground cinnamon and butter mix kneaded to combine out of it make a date ball in equal amount set aside..
- grab your dough measure equal amount formed like a ball but bit bigger than your date filling ball..flatten and get date ball fill your dough wrap it and roll in your palm and then get your ma'amoul molding press inside then tap to come out(if you dont have ma'amoul molding leave it as it is )line them in baking sheet bake 10 to 15 minute in a preaheated oven(350)untill light brown on the bottom.let it cool and roll in powdered sugar..
- served with coffee or tea!enjoy….
- the good thing is you can store it in an airtight container at room temperature even a week :).
Maamoul (also written Ma'amoul) are an ancient cookie from the Arab world. If you're making it for a crowd, you The combination of moist date filling and crumbly cookie exterior means that maamoul will stay fresh for quite some time. These cookies are very famous in middle East region. They are insanely delicious and are made on the Walnut and Date Pastries "Maamoul" Ma'moul means "filled" or "stuffed" in Arabic, and these tender, crumbly pastries are stuffed with dates or nuts.