Carrot Spice Cake.
You can have Carrot Spice Cake using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Carrot Spice Cake
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of firmly packed brown sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 4 of eggs or equivalent amount of egg substitute.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of gluten-free all purpose flour or flour of your choice.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of xanthum gum (if using gluten-free flour).
- You need 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of apple pie spice.
- It’s 3 cups of shredded carrots (about 5-6 medium).
- You need 1 cup of oats.
- You need 6 oz of cream cheese.
- Prepare 3 cups of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 6-8 tsp of soy milk or milk of your choice.
Carrot Spice Cake instructions
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a long cake pan with cooking spray..
- In large bowl, beat together brown sugar & oil. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. If using egg substitute, add gradually..
- Combine flour, xanthum gum, baking powder, salt, & apple pie spice. Stir into egg mixture..
- Fold in carrots & oats. Mix well..
- Pour into prepared pan..
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean..
- Let cool completely..
- For frosting, combine cream cheese & powdered sugar, mix well. Add milk 1 tsp at a time, until desired consistency is reached. Spread over completely cooled cake..
recipe by Stephanie Goldman @cookpad