Date and Walnut Cake Eggless.
You can have Date and Walnut Cake Eggless using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Date and Walnut Cake Eggless
- It’s 250 grams of Dates /2 cups of Seedless.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Walnuts roasted and chopped.
- Prepare 85 grams of All-purpose flour (maida) – approx. 3/4th cups.
- You need 1/2 tin of Condensed Milk (I used Milkmaid) – approx.197 ml.
- You need 60 ml of unsalted butter – approx.4 tbsps.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of Water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda.
Date and Walnut Cake Eggless instructions
- Take a large bowl, sieve the APF, baking powder and baking soda in the bowl, mix the flours together with a whisk and set aside..
- Chop the dates finely, take a non-stick pan or a heavy bottom pan add the dates along with two table spoons of water. Cook the dates for 2 minutes just till the dates start to caramalise. Set aside to cool completely (20-25 minutes).
- In another pan, roast the walnut and chop them into chunks, let them cool completely..
- Add the dates and walnuts to the flour bowl and mix well, and then add the melted unsalted butter along with the condensed milk. Mix well till all the ingredients are well incorporated..
- Grease a 7 inch square pan, pour the batter in the pan and bake for 30-35 minutes @ 170 degrees celsius..
- Cool completely and serve with a hot cuppa or a large scoop vanilla ice cream..
recipe by Gauri Shirke @cookpad