Vanilla Sponge Cake.
You can make Vanilla Sponge Cake using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Vanilla Sponge Cake
- You need 4 of large egg whites.
- It’s 120 g of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 4 of large egg yolks.
- It’s 120 g of flour.
- It’s 40 g of milk.
- You need 40 g of olive oil.
- You need 1 tbs of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of optional ingredients.
- You need of chopped walnuts.
- Prepare of cocoa powder.
Vanilla Sponge Cake step by step
- Use a mixer to whisk the egg whites until they are fluffy and can form stiff peaks..
- Gradually add the sugar..
- Add the egg yolks and mix using a spatula..
- Sift the the flour and mix in gradually..
- Combine the milk, oil and vanilla extract together then add them to the cake batter and mix well..
- Pour the batter into an oiled mold, the batter should form ribbons..
- (opptional) add a handful of chopped walnuts to add some nuttiness..
- (optional) pour in half the batter, mix some cocoa powder into the rest, then pour it. use a spoon to stir once, creating a marbled effect..
- Preheat the oven to 150°c and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until fully cooked..
- Allow it to cool for atleast 15 minutes before cutting and serving. it can be served with a hot beverage, fresh cream, or some fruit..
recipe by Alice M @cookpad