Turkey Shepherd's Pie. Reviews for: Photos of Turkey Shepherd's Pie. Thanksgiving leftovers reinvented into a flavorful shepherd's pie. Moist leftover turkey combined with vegetables and gravy are topped off with creamy mashed potatoes and cheese.
Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a lamb eating one. When the weather outside is frightful, nothing satisfies our craving for comfort food quite like a good shepherd's pie. So I've become quite skilled at turning leftovers into second-time-around successes like this..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. You can have Turkey Shepherd's Pie using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turkey Shepherd's Pie
- Prepare 1 of no specific quantities. whatever you have left that will fit in your cooking dish.
- It’s 1 of Turkey meat both white and dark.
- Prepare 1 of Peas, carrots and any other leftover vegetables. This one has parsnips and carrots mashed together.
- Prepare 1 of Stuffing.
- Prepare 1 of Mashed Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of Gravy.
Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. Not only is Turkey Shepherd's Pie an excellent use for sometimes boring ground turkey, but it is also a great way to use up leftover potatoes. If ground turkey is not your style, substitute with ground beef. This turkey shepherds pie recipe is such a great way to use up all those yummy Thanksgiving leftovers.
Turkey Shepherd's Pie instructions
- Cut up meat into small pieces. I don't shred it but as small as I can..
- Mix into a bowl, or straight into your cooking dish, with your vegetables..
- Hopefully you have some leftover gravy…if not just make more :-). Add some to the meat and vegetable mix…just enough to make it moist..
- If you were doing this all in a separate bowl, now place the meat, vegetables, gravy mixture to your cooking dish and flatten. Place stuffing over the top and flatten. Ladel a little bit of gravy over stuffing again just to moisten..
- Add mashed potatoes to the top and distribute evenly. Much easier to do this if the potatoes are warm. Take a fork and run it flatly over the potatoes so you get small little peaks all over.
- In the oven she goes. 350 – 375 ℉ for about 35 – 40 min. You'll start seeing the peaks get brown. Then broil for 3 min (watch it doesn't burn).
- Let it cool for a few minutes and then serve with gravy to your liking. Every bite is heaven!.
Easy to follow step by step photos. Shepherd's pie is often made with lamb or mutton, but it lends itself well to leftover turkey and mashed potatoes from the Thanksgiving table. You could also mix in leftover vegetables from the previous. Turkey Shepherd's Pie with Two-Potato Topping. Turkey Shepherd's Pie – comfort food at its best, especially during turbulent, uncertain times when you want a cozy meal.