Sam's Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting.
You can cook Sam's Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sam's Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting
- It’s 1 of -8 oz pkg cream cheese (do not use low fat), softened.
- It’s 8 tbsp of unsalted butter (1 stick), room temperature.
- You need 1/2 cup of shortening.
- You need 2 lb of powdered sugar (icing sugar).
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of clear vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of freshly grated nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of milk.
Sam's Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting instructions
- In a stand mixer (or mixing bowl) combine cream cheese, butter and shortening. Mix on low until creamy and fluffy about 3 minutes..
- Mix in vanilla, salt and powdered sugar one cup at a time until completely incorporated..
- Mix in the milk a tablespoon at a time if needed to get the consistency you like. I used only 2 tablespoons of the milk for a stiff consistency to pipe with and 3 or more tablespoons for a more spreadable consistency. Just make sure to add a little bit at a time then mix as you go before adding more all at once. If your frosting is too runny then add more powdered sugar, a little at a time..
- This is a great recipe for piping decorations on cakes & cupcakes because once it dries or is in the fridge for a bit it kind of crusts up and doesn't melt on ya!.
- Makes enough frosting to frost 2-9" round cakes..