Nolen Gurer Payesh (Date Palm Jaggery Rice Kheer / Pudding).
You can make Nolen Gurer Payesh (Date Palm Jaggery Rice Kheer / Pudding) using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Nolen Gurer Payesh (Date Palm Jaggery Rice Kheer / Pudding)
- It’s of small grained aromat rice, soaked in water for 30 minutes.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of bay leaves.
- Prepare of milk.
- It’s of ghee.
- It’s of jaggery (Nolen gur).
- It’s of milk powder.
- It’s of cardamom powder.
- Prepare of chopped pistachios.
- Prepare of saffron.
Nolen Gurer Payesh (Date Palm Jaggery Rice Kheer / Pudding) instructions
- Pressure cook the rice in 3/4 cup water and bay leaves for 3-4 whistles. Discard the bay leaves and add a pinch of salt and ghee. Mash well..
- Then add the milk, cardamom powder, jaggery and milk powder. Combine everything well. Garnish with chopped nuts and saffron and serve at room temperature or chilled..
- Note – Rice Kheer is traditionally prepared by boiling milk along with rice, sugar / jaggery. This involves a lot of stirring till the rice is cooked and you get the desired consistency. But today I would like to share an easy method. I used boiled rice which was later mixed with the remaining ingredients. This takes very less time and effort, retaining the same taste and flavour. Enjoy it as an after meal dessert or relish it as a side dish with poori or paratha..
recipe by Bethica Das @cookpad