Open-faced meat pies – lahem bi ajeen. Lahm bi Ajeen is a Middle-Eastern meat pie with a punch of flavor. A thin crispy dough topped witha delicious meat mixture, they are hard to resist! Another popular version known as "sfiha" in Arabic, is an open-faced meat pie with the sides pinched up on all four corners.
Lebanese sfeeha or sometime called lahm bi ajeen, which basically means lamb in dough, are amazing little meat pies that full of flavor and simply delicious. The dough is basically like a pizza dough and they are either served open face like a mini pizza or sometimes the meat is wrapped. This traditional open-faced pizza-like meat pie tastes better using ground mutton or even lamb meat. You can have Open-faced meat pies – lahem bi ajeen using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Open-faced meat pies – lahem bi ajeen
- You need of – For the dough:.
- It’s 8 cups of flour.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of dried yeast dissolved in ½ cup warm water.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare of – For the meat mixture:.
- It’s 1 kg of finely ground beef.
- You need 1 kg of onions, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 kg of tomatoes, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- You need 1 of green pepper, finely chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of hot red pepper powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of pomegranate syrup, if available.
Take a walk on virtually any street in Lebanese cities, you will run into a recurring theme, a ubiquitous "delicacy" store that is on almost every corner, but it's not Starbucks! We're talking here about Lebanese bakeries, aka "furen," Arabic for "oven.". Lahm Bi Ajin or Sfiha Lebanese spicy dish closeup. vertical. Arab mini pizza with minced meat, tomatoes, onions, spices and p.
Open-faced meat pies – lahem bi ajeen step by step
- Mix well all the dough ingredients together, except the vegetable oil..
- Add in the oil gradually while mixing the ingredients by hand. Continue kneading until you get a firm dough. Don't hesitate to add some more water if needed..
- Cover the dough with a kitchen cloth and leave it to rest for about 2 hr 30 min in a warm place until it rises and doubles in size..
- Knead the dough again after dipping your hands in flour, and divide it into balls the size of a golf ball. Leave it to rest for 30 more minutes..
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough balls in a round shape, about 12 cm diameter and 1 mm thickness..
- To prepare the meat mixture: put all the ingredients together and mix well..
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the mixture on the surface of each dough piece..
- Slightly grease two oven trays with olive oil and place the lahem bi ajeen on them. Bake in the oven at medium heat for about 20 min or until the bottom of the dough turn lightly brown and the meat is well cooked..
- Serve warm with plain yogurt or with laban ayran, a salty yogurt drink..
- Note: You can find the recipe of 'Salty yogurt drink' in my profile.
Lebanese Arab pizza with meat, tomatoes, spices and pine nuts cl. Homemade Hungarian langos with cheese and ketchup close-up. vert. Lahm bi ajeen is usually described as Middle Eastern meat pizza, but there are some ways that the comparison doesn't begin to do justice to lahm bi Once the oven has preheated, use a quick motion to move the pie from the pizza peel onto the pizza stone. Lahm bi ajin meat pies are ready when the crust on the edges is golden. By any chance would you happen to know an approximate caloric value for these?