Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not.
You can cook Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not
- It’s 1 of quarter squash, peeled & sliced.
- Prepare 1 of medium red onion, coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 pc of a stock cube (vegetable if vegetarian, chicken if not).
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s of ~ VARIATION SUGGESTIONS ~ (optional).
- You need 1 spoonful of crushed crispy bacon (optional).
- It’s 1 spoonful of sliced ham (optional).
- It’s 1 spoonful of shredded leftover chicken (optional).
- You need 1 of diced cooked baby potato (optional).
- It’s 1-2 of dollops cream (optional).
- Prepare 1-2 Tbsp of coconut cream (optional).
Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not instructions
- In a sauce pan, place your squash, sliced into small pieces so it's easy to mash. Add onions, garlic and enough water to cover all the squash (don't place too much). Boil covered for 15 mins.
- Once soft, lower heat and mash everything while in the pot. Season with salt and 1/4 of a stock cube (crushed to powder so it's easy to mix)..
- When the squash is mashed, it gets thicker and absorbs the liquid. Taste and adjust preferred consistency accordingly by adding water a teaspoon at a time. Serve while hot..
- I enjoy this soup base on its own without any additions but sometimes I do variations too. Some non-veg ideas: // Add light cream or coconut cream // Add meat (shredded chicken, bacon or ham) // Add diced potatoes for a more filling soup // Add veggies like diced celery, corn kernels or peas.
recipe by SpottedByD @cookpad