Spiced Paleo Yule Log. Great recipe for Spiced Paleo Yule Log.. To roll your log simply use the baking paper and tea towel to gently coax the sponge into a roll, short end to short end. Christmas Yule Log Christmas Desserts Holiday Treats Christmas Fun Holiday Fun Holiday Recipes Christmas Things Holiday Foods Xmas.
See great recipes for Vegetarian meatballs / Yule dinner, Salmon Yule Log too! This gluten-free, no-bake gingerbread buche de noel is an icebox cake yule log that's beyond easy to make and tastes amazing. No one will guess you didn't even turn on your oven! You can make Spiced Paleo Yule Log using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spiced Paleo Yule Log
- It’s 6 of Eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Cinnamon Powder.
- Prepare 150 grams of Honey.
- Prepare 50 grams of Raw Cacao Powder.
- You need 200 grams of Cooked Chestnuts (pureed).
- You need 25 grams of Honey.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Raw Cacao Powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Coconut Cream.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Raw Cacao Powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Cinnamon Powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Mixed Spice.
A few years ago when I spent my first Christmas with Ben's family in Chattanooga, we started a tradition of making a yule log cake. Eggnog Yule Log Recipe: This eggnog yule log is a creative take on the classic rolled cake—and an extra festive way to enjoy your eggnog this holiday season! Recipe courtesy Robin Sue of Big Red Kitchen. A Yule log or bûche de Noël is a traditional dessert served near Christmas, especially in France, Quebec.
Spiced Paleo Yule Log instructions
- Preheat the oven to 160°C, 320°F.
- Line a Swiss roll tin or low sided baking tray with baking paper, leaving enough to hand over the top and bottom edges..
- Whisk the egg yolks with the honey and vanilla until pale and creamy..
- Wash the beaters and in a separate bowl beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks, this will take around 5 minutes..
- Fold the cacao powder and cinnamon powder into the egg yolk mixture, then fold the egg whites in..
- Pour into your lined tin and bake for 20 minutes..
- Once cooked remove from the oven and cover with a sheet of baking powder followed by a damp tea towel, leave to cool..
- To make the filling: pop all of the filling ingredients into a food processor and whizz until a thick smooth puree has formed. Set to one side..
- To assemble your roll: Once the sponge is completely cool cover the top with a chopping board and flip. Peel off the under layer of paper..
- Cover the entire piece of sponge with a nice thick layer of filling working to the edges..
- To roll your log simply use the baking paper and tea towel to gently coax the sponge into a roll, short end to short end. Once rolled trim top and bottom to neaten if needed..
- Dust your roll with the cacao spice mix and top with a sprig of holly!.
This gluten free and paleo friendly chocolate roulade recipe is a beautiful dessert. The greatest part, in my opinion, is that it looks impressive but is actually super easy to make. Though a chocolate roulade, or "yule log" is generally a Christmas dessert, it's something I make year round. Bûche de Noël, an homage to the yule log in velvety rich chocolate form, is a welcome if not essential holiday treat in many homes. A thick and luscious layer of dense chocolate sponge cake is wrapped around a layer of mouse or chantilly cream, dusted with cocoa powder and often finished with chocolate ganache and meringue or marzipan mushrooms.