Smoked Salmon Roulade. Anytime I have a large gathering at our house, my smoked salmon roulade is one of the recipes that people can expect to see. Gorgeous, perfectly salted smoked salmon is rolled into a fluffy egg white base with aromatic fresh dill and smooth cream cheese. It always seems to impress everyone, whether they are trying to eat healthier or not.
Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds and parsley on top of the cream cheese. A quick French lesson: Roulade is the French term for a thin slice of meat rolled around a savory filling. In any language, this salmon roll is delicious! You can have Smoked Salmon Roulade using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smoked Salmon Roulade
- You need of sliced smoked salmon.
- Prepare of cream cheese with chives.
- You need of heaped tsp of horseradish.
- Prepare of Juice of a lemon.
- It’s of diced chives.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
For this recipe you will need a food processor and an electric mixer. Then, beginning at the bottom, roll up the salmon, jelly roll style, securely, pressing to close. Wrap each salmon roll in plastic wrap. It's perfect for a celebration or special occasion & is quite simple to make.
Smoked Salmon Roulade instructions
- Roll out a large sheet of cling film, layer on the smoked salmon so that they slightly overlap..
- Use the smaller pieces of salmon to fill the gaps..
- Chop the chives place them in a bowl, add the horseradish and cream cheese..
- Squirt the lemon, add salt and pepper and mix! Once it’s mixed taste it to make sure it’s seasoned properly!.
- Using a spatula spoon over carefully with a thin layer..
- Using the clingfilm carefully roll up the salmon pushing it away from you..
- Pull back the cling film so it doesn’t get rolled up with the salmon, carry on rolling until it gets to the end..
- Roll up the cling film making sure it’s sealed..
- Place in the freezer until it’s needed and lift out the day before and slice it whilst frozen!.
This colorful roulade starts with a quick spinach cake that's rolled around a creamy filling and smoked salmon. It can be made ahead, so it's perfect for entertaining. Smoked Salmon Roulades will add a touch of class of any dinner party or wine tasting. A wonderfully creative snack that will have all your friends begging for more! Squeeze excess water out of the crabmeat and place in a bowl.