Creamy Mashed Potatoes. The wonderful thing about these mashed potatoes is that they can be made ahead of time, then warmed in the oven when you're ready. Perfect for the any time of the year! With a table full of food, the most loved and devoured foods are side dishes.
Place potatoes in a medium pot; cover with water, and season with salt. The best potato for mashed potatoes is a starchy potato, and that's why I choose Yukon golds for the most luscious, creamy mashed potatoes. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. You can make Creamy Mashed Potatoes using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- You need 5 lb of Potatoes.
- You need 8 oz of Cream cheese.
- It’s 8 oz of Sour cream.
- It’s 1 1/2 stick of Butter.
- Prepare 1 of as needed Parsley.
- It’s 1 of as needed Salt and Pepper.
Once tender, drain and add back to pot. Add butter, cream cheese, heavy cream, salt and pepper to pot and mash. Heat the milk and butter in a small pan, then pour over the potatoes. Remove pan from the heat, then mash potatoes using an electric hand whisk or potato masher.
Creamy Mashed Potatoes step by step
- One hour prior to cooking, bring cream cheese at room temperature. Leave cream cheese out on counter to soften. If this is not possible, simply soften in the microwave..
- Start out by boiling water in a pot. Cut potatoes into quarters and boil until they are soft. Approximately 40 minutes..
- When soft, strain potatoes and let them cool for about 15 minutes..
- Meanwhile, melt butter in low heat. Add softened cream cheese and sour cream. Mix well. Peel skin off the potatoes, discard skin and place the potatoes in the cream mixture. Mix well (use a potato smasher if necessary)..
- Add salt, parsley and pepper as desired. Enjoy!.
Peel potatoes (cut potatoes in half if very large). If you want the potatoes to be the smoothest possible, you can take the time to remove the little knots from the potatoes with a small spoon or the tip of a potatoes peeler. Bring to a boil and cook partially covered until. Flavor VARIATIONS for Homemade Mashed Potatoes. You can use leftover mashed potatoes to make a mashed potato casserole For garlic creamy mashed potatoes, roast the garlic first and mix that into the boiled potatoes.