Vegan cake (no allergens).
Ingredients of Vegan cake (no allergens)
- You need 30 g of dates.
- It’s 30 g of dried figs.
- It’s 30 g of puffed quinoa.
- Prepare 5 g of water.
- You need of Base.
- You need 20 g of lemon juice (juice from half lemon).
- You need 100 g of honey.
- Prepare 150 g of cooked chickpea.
- It’s 400 ml (1 can) of full fat coconut milk.
- Prepare 60 g of coconut oil.
- Prepare 60 g of coconut butter.
- It’s of Flavours.
- You need 150 g of blueberries.
- Prepare 150 g of strawberries.
- Prepare 150 g of blackberries.
- You need of Coconut flour.
- You need of Chocolate layer.
- It’s 70 g of Chocolate mass.
- You need 2-3 tablespoon of Coconut milk.
- You need 1 tsp of Orange zest.
Vegan cake (no allergens) step by step
- Using a hand blender, blend the dates with the figs and the water, until you have a paste. Incorporate the puffed quinoa and place it as the first layer on a springform pan (18cm diameter). Put it aside.
- Blend all the base ingredients together until everything is mixed very well. Divide the base in 2 or 3 equal parts, depending on how many layers or flavors you want to have.
- I’ve used frozen berries, that I’ve thawed in a pan on the stove. Blend the berries with the base and add coconut flour to get a ticker base, that won’t easily pour (I’ve added 2 tablespoons but if you use fresh berries you might have to add more). Add this mixture to the quinoa base and place it in the freezer for about 2hours. Repeat this step with the other berries..
- For the chocolate layer, melt the chocolate mass on water bath (bain marine) with the coconut milk and the orange zest, until you have an easy pouring paste. Place this on top of the cake. As the cake will be frozen, you need to move fast as the chocolate will get tick fast.
- Before serving, take the cake out of the freezer and keep it a room temperature at least 4h ahead, or place it overnight in the refrigerator.
recipe by Ioana Avram @cookpad