Sweet & Savory Maple Glazed Ham Steaks.
You can cook Sweet & Savory Maple Glazed Ham Steaks using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Sweet & Savory Maple Glazed Ham Steaks
- It’s 3-8 ounce of ham steaks (maple or brown sugar flavor are extra yummy).
- It’s 1 cup of packed brown sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of pure maple syrup (NOT pancake syrup!) grade B if available.
- It’s 1 tbsp of yellow mustard.
- You need 1 tbsp of spicy brown mustard.
- You need 1 tbsp of white vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of apple juice.
- It’s pinch of each cinnamon and ginger, optional.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter, for skillet.
Sweet & Savory Maple Glazed Ham Steaks instructions
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients except ham and butter. Whisk well to combine. Pour into saucepan and warm over medium heat, stirring constantly until it thickens to a syrupy texture; about 10 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit..
- Score edges of ham steaks about every 2 inches to prevent curling. Warm butter in skillet over medium heat, add ham steaks and fry about 2 1/2-3 minutes. You may need to cook steaks individually if they don't fit..
- Flip over and spoon maple glaze onto steaks evenly. Fry for another 3 minutes or so, to desired doneness. Serve with mashed potatoes (see my recipe) and remaining maple glaze, if desired..
- Note* the maple glaze keeps nicely in the fridge for a long time. If it hardens or gets grainy just microwave it for 20 seconds at a time until it reaches the proper consistency, but WATCH CLOSELY!!! I have had it boil over and it makes a HUGE mess! Enjoy!.
recipe by Nikki Zazz @cookpad