Vickys Traditional Easter Cookies GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Traditional Easter Cookies GF DF EF SF NF using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Traditional Easter Cookies GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 100 g of gold foil-wrapped Stork margarine.
- It’s 75 g of caster sugar /superfine.
- It’s 200 g of gluten-free / plain flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mixed spice for baking – see my homemade recipe mix.
- It’s 50 g of currants.
- Prepare 50-60 ml of coconut milk, warmed.
- It’s pinch of saffron threads (optional for colour).
- Prepare of extra milk and sugar for glazing.
Vickys Traditional Easter Cookies GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 6 / 200C / 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream the margarine and sugar together until light.
- Mix the flour and mixed spice together.
- Stir into the creamed mixture with the currants.
- Add the saffron threads to the warm milk and stir to release the colour.
- Add just enough to the cookie mixture to bring together to form a soft dough, around 50ml for plain flour, the whole lot for gluten-free.
- Dust a work surface with flour and roll out the dough quite thinly.
- Use a 7 – 8 cm fluted cookie cutter to cut out rounds and place on the baking sheet. Re-roll the dough and cut more rounds until the dough is used up. I got 20 rounds from a 7"cutter, 18 from an 8" one.
- Bake for 8 minutes then take out of the oven, brush with some extra coconut milk and sprinkle with extra sugar and put back in the oven for 4 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack before serving.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad