Easter Koulourakia from Smyrna.
You can make Easter Koulourakia from Smyrna using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easter Koulourakia from Smyrna
- It’s 1 kg of (approximately) soft flour.
- Prepare 250 g of margarine.
- It’s 250 g of butter.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 cup of orange juice.
- You need 350 g of sugar.
- You need 30 ml of brandy.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla powder or extract.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of (full) baking powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 1-2 of eggs to brush the top of the cookies.
Easter Koulourakia from Smyrna step by step
- Beat the butter and margarine with the sugar using a mixer. These should be at room temperature. If you wish you may melt the butter/margarine and beat the mixture with a whisk..
- Add the egg and then all the liquids (orange juice, brandy, olive oil)..
- Add the vanilla and flour with the baking powder bit by bit..
- Knead until you get a soft and pliable dough and form into cookies..
- Brush the cookies with egg and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 25 minutes depending on your oven. Good luck!.
recipe by Cookpad Greece @cookpad