You can cook Date kheer using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Date kheer
- You need 1 cup of leftover cooked rice.
- You need 750 ml of Milk.
- It’s 10 of Dates.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of fresh Cream.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Ghee.
- It’s Few of Cashews to garnish.
Date kheer instructions
- Take some good quality dates to a pan..
- Add in 1 cup of milk and bring to boil.Cook in low heat until dates become soft..
- Remove from heat and keep aside for about 4 hours or keep in the refrigerator overnight so that the flavour of dates incorporate well on the milk..
- Next day or after 4 hours, remove the seeds of the dates and grind the mixture to make a smooth paste..
- Take 1 cup of cooked rice to a heavy-bottomed saucepan..
- Add in rest of the milk to the pan and place the pan in the stovetop. With an electric hand blender blend them well to make a homogenous mixture. You can do this step in a regular blender also..
- Continue to cook in medium-low heat. Add in the date mixture and mix well. Add sugar according to your taste..
- Also, add in 2 tablespoons of fresh cream for richness. When the kheer comes to a thick consistency remove from heat..
- Heat 1 teaspoon of ghee in a pan and fry some cashews..
- Transfer the kheer to a serving bowl, garnish with fried cashews and date pieces and serve warm or at room temperature..
recipe by Sabrina Yasmin @cookpad