Whoppie Chocolate Cake.
You can cook Whoppie Chocolate Cake using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Whoppie Chocolate Cake
- You need of Cake.
- Prepare of eggs.
- It’s of granulated sugar.
- Prepare of melted butter.
- You need of self raising flour, sifted.
- You need of of salt.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of milk.
- Prepare of Chocolate Ganache topping.
- Prepare of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- You need of vanilla or almond extract.
- It’s of icing sugar.
- It’s of whipping cream.
- Prepare of butter, softened.
- You need of marshmallow frosting or whipped cream.
- Prepare of almond or walnuts, toasted & chopped for garnishing.
Whoppie Chocolate Cake step by step
- Preheat oven at 150C. Grease and flour two 8-inch round pan. Beat together eggs, salt and sugar till pale in color, add melted butter, mix and gradually add flour, milk and vanilla essence. Mix till just incorporated. Divide batter in 2 pans, tap pan slightly to remove extra bubbles and bake for 30-35 min. Cool and set aside..
- In a metal bowl, melt chocolate chips in a pot of boiling water (or double boiler) for 2 minutes or till melted. Remove from heat and add the rest of topping ingredients except chopped nuts..
- Place first piece of cake on serving board or flat plate and cover the center with the whipped frosting or cream till half inch away from edges, sprinkle with half the nuts. Gently put the next piece of cake on top and pour the Chocolate ganache topping evenly, its okay if it trickles on the side. If ganache thickens, rest your pot on a hot bowl of water, then sprinkle with the rest of the nuts..
- Nuts are optional, for variation: allow kids to have fun by sprinkling their favorite M&M, gummy bears or mini marshmallows instead..
recipe by ginarose @cookpad