Celebration (Xmas) Fruit Cake.
You can make Celebration (Xmas) Fruit Cake using 21 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Celebration (Xmas) Fruit Cake
- It’s of Dry Stuff.
- It’s 350 grams of Plain Flour.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Mixed Spice.
- It’s of Fruits.
- It’s 110 grams of Chopped Candied Peel.
- You need 110 grams of Glacé Cherries, cut in half.
- Prepare 2 of Lemons Grated rind of.
- You need 2 of Oranges, Grated rind of.
- It’s 1 Kilogram of Dried Fruits, (500grams sultanas, 500grams Seedless Raisins).
- Prepare of Nuts (Optional!!).
- You need 110 grams of Almonds.
- You need 110 grams of Walnuts.
- Prepare 110 grams of Hazelnuts.
- It’s of Wet Stuff.
- It’s 4 of large or 5 medium Eggs.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Brandy/Rum Or Milk !.
- It’s of Sticky Stuff.
- You need 300 grams of Butter (or best Margarine).
- Prepare 300 grams of Moist Dark Brown Sugar.
- It’s 3 of level tablespoons Black Treacle(or Golden Syrup).
Celebration (Xmas) Fruit Cake step by step
- Prepare tins as follows. Double layer of grease proof paper, draw around the bottom of your tin. Grease paper, then cut to draw line, fit to bottom of tin..
- Double layer of grease proof paper, enough to go around sides of tin. Grease and fit to sides of tin, overlapping the bottom layer.
- In a very large pan or bowl, mix all the dried fruits, rind of oranges and lemons, candied peel, cherries. Plus all the various nuts. Mix until evenly distributed..
- In a bowl, cream the butter, sugar and Black Treacle together..
- In another bowl, put the plain flour, cinnamon, mixed spices and salt. Use a whisk to gently mix it all until even..
- Break the eggs into a measuring jug or large cup, add Brandy/ Rum or milk and whisk lightly..
- Adding a little at a time, add egg mix and flour mix to the butter- sugar mix and combine until all has been used and smooth..
- Add this mix into the fruit- nut mix in the large bowl, mixing until everything is coated and even. The mix should be sticky and not very wet..
- Adding a bit at a time, put mix into your selected tins to 3/4 full. Dip your hand into a bowl of clean water and smooth down the cake mix, until raised slightly at the sides, gentle dip in the middle. (The cake will rise more in the center and you will end up with a level top!) Don’t worry if there is a small puddle, this will stop the top burning!.
- Cook in a moderate oven(mark3. 160C. 325deg) for about 1 1/2 hours. Then turn down heat to Mark1-2, 140-150 C, 275-300deg, for a further two hours..
- Leave in tin about 30 minutes to cool. Then take out of the tin gently, into a wire rack to finish cooling completely before taking off the paper..
- This cake can be stored in an air-tight container for several weeks, or frozen, if required!.
- If keeping for Xmas, a little Brandy or Rum, dribbled over the top, after piercing with a cocktail stick, after a month or so, then reseal..
recipe by Amazing Lady ( Grace) @cookpad