Vickys Crowd-Pleaser Carrot Cake, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Crowd-Pleaser Carrot Cake, GF DF EF SF NF using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Crowd-Pleaser Carrot Cake, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare of (1 & 3/4 cups) plain flour / gluten-free flour*.
- You need of baking powder.
- Prepare of baking soda / bicarb.
- Prepare of xanthan gum if using GF flour.
- You need of cornflour / corn starch.
- You need of granulated sugar.
- It’s of ground ginger.
- It’s of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of nutmeg, a large pinch.
- It’s of medium banana, very ripe and mashed well.
- You need of pineapple puree.
- It’s of grated carrot.
- It’s of (1/3 cup) desiccated coconut.
- It’s of chopped walnuts or pecans (optional).
- Prepare of raisins or sultana/currant mix.
- It’s of + 1 tbsp) oil.
- It’s of dairy-free milk such as coconut milk.
- You need of dairy-free yogurt such as Alpro coconut.
Vickys Crowd-Pleaser Carrot Cake, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and grease and line a 12 inch round cake tin or an 11" square.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, cornflour, sugar and spices.
- Add in the mashed banana, pineapple puree, grated carrot, coconut, nuts & raisins.
- Finally add the oil, milk and yogurt and combine everything well.
- Pour into your cake tin and smooth over evenly.
- Bake for 50 – 65 minutes or until a toothpick tests it done. Turn out straightaway onto a wire rack to cool.
- Frost with buttercream icing flavoured with orange essence and sprinkled with orange zest, crushed walnuts / pecans. You'll need around 1500g / 6 cups to fill and cover a double layer cake. See my separate recipe for buttercream if you need a free-from one.
- Makes 1 layer. For a sandwich cake repeat the recipe.
- Add around 60ml (1/4 cup) extra milk if using gluten-free flour.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad