Ham and asparagus casserole. That's because most of the prep work (cooking pasta and making a light cream sauce) is done on the stovetop. Simply bake to brown the breadcrumbs and make the filling bubbly. This is a great way to use leftover ham.
DIRECTIONS Chop asparagus and ham into bite-size pieces. Oh my, it's like pot pie! A tender biscuit layer tops a creamy filling of a tasty ham and asparagus duo. You can cook Ham and asparagus casserole using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Ham and asparagus casserole
- You need 1 bunch of green asparagus.
- It’s 1 bunch of green onions.
- Prepare 1 cup of mushrooms.
- You need 1 can of low fat cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 1 cup of low fat sour cream.
- It’s 2 tbsp of water.
- You need 2 cup of shredded cheddar jack cheese.
- You need 2 cup of cooked ham.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cup of dried crispy fried onions.
In a small bowl, toss together the Swiss and Parmesan cheeses. In a large bowl, combine asparagus mixture, peas, ham, soups, sour cream, milk, and salt. Add cooked pasta, tossing gently to combine. A great weeknight meal following Yet it's equally delicious with leftovers from a Christmas ham too.
Ham and asparagus casserole instructions
- Dice the ham and saute to thoroughly cook. Set aside..
- Wash and rinse asparagus. Cut woody ends off and discard. Cut spears into 2 to 3 inch pieces and set aside..
- In a medium bowl stir the soup, sour cream and water together..
- Cut the roots off the onions and trim the stem tops. Dice the onions and stems and place them in the bowl with the soup..
- Slice the mushrooms and mix with the soup, sour cream and green onions. Set aside..
- Shred cheese into a separate bowl and set aside..
- Measure the commercial crispy fried onions and set aside..
- Assemble the casserole. Use 1/2 the ingredients – from bottom to top layer: asparagus > soup mixture > ham > cheese > fried onions..
- Repeat step 8 to build next tier except don't add final fried onion layer..
- Bake covered for 30 minutes at 350°F..
- Add the rest of the fried onions and bake uncovered 5 minutes. Turn off oven and let casserole stand 15 minutes in cooling oven to set..
recipe by THH @cookpad
I love to change up the asparagus and include shredded Brussel sprouts or. Very easy to throw together, baked up nicely and was a big hit. Super fast supper for a busy weeknight. While we call for ham, feel free to try this with leftover chicken or turkey instead if you prefer. Lightly spoon the flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife.