Easter cookies (koulourakia).
You can cook Easter cookies (koulourakia) using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easter cookies (koulourakia)
- It’s 2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- It’s 250 g of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of orange juice.
- Prepare of grated zest of one orange.
- It’s 1 kg of flour.
- Prepare 4 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 1/2 tsp of soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
Easter cookies (koulourakia) instructions
- Cream butter and sugar..
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and then add the milk, the orange juice and the zest..
- In another bowl, combine all solid ingredients with half of the flour and then pour the flour mixture in the butter mixture. Add as much flour as it is needed, so as to have a soft, non-sticky dough..
- Let the dough rest for 15 minutes, then shape the cookies as desired and bake them, 180°C for 10 to 20 minutes (it depends on their size)..
recipe by Cookpad Greece @cookpad