Pretzel pot pie. Bratwurst, Pretzel, Cheddar and Beer Pot Pie didn't have an easy fluidity to it. It didn't flow naturally off my tongue, so I started jumbling the worlds around until I found the right combination but even then. Soft pretzels top this cheesy pot pie that's filled with all of your favorite chicken pot pie ingredients.
A pot pie is a type of pie with a top pie crust, and sometimes a bottom pie crust, consisting of flaky pastry. The term is used in North America. A salty pretzel crust pairs with a cool and fruity filling in a no-bake refrigerator pie. You can make Pretzel pot pie using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pretzel pot pie
- You need 4 Tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, smashed.
- You need 3 of carrots, chopped.
- You need 2 stalks of celery, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 C of flour.
- You need 2 1/2 C of chicken broth.
- You need of S&P, 1 tsp each.
- You need 2 1/2 C of cooked chicken, in chunks.
- You need 1/2 C of peas, thawed if frozen.
- You need 1/2 C of asparagus, chopped.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of parsley, chopped.
- It’s 6-8 of thyme sprigs, tied in a bundle.
- You need 1/2 C of baking soda.
- It’s 1 of # fresh pizza dough, room temperature.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1 Tbsp of water.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pretzel salt (I used kosher).
Chicken pot pie with a PRETZEL CRUST changed the ENTIRE GAME. Egg & Cheese – Flaky Crust Stuffed Pretzel Cheesy Jalapeño – Pretzel Bread Stuffed Pretzel Fiery Chorizo Queso Fundido – Pretzel Bread Uncured Ham and White Cheddar. This easy pretzel-covered chocolate and pecan slab pie is just the dessert to make to please a big crowd at your Pretzel-Chocolate-Pecan Slab Pie. By Kate Merker and Jade Zimmerman.
Pretzel pot pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- Melt 2T butter in a saute pan and add onion and garlic and cook 5 minutes. Add 2T butter and carrots, celery and asparagus and cook for 2 minutes. Add flour and stir to coat veggies cooking for 2 minutes more. Add the broth and thyme and 1 tsp each S&P and bring to a simmer. Cook 10 minutes to thicken. Now add the chicken, peas and parsley. Simmer for 5 minutes..
- Put baking soda, 2 tsp salt and 8C water in a large pot and bring to a boil. (it really bubbles up).
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces to make pretzels. Roll each piece out to about 24" long. Form into a pretzel shape using water to help the ends stick together. Use a slotted spoon to lower 1 pretzel into the boiling water. Cook 30 seconds then flip and cook for 30 seconds more. Remove and drain on a cutting board. Do the rest of the pretzels the same way..
- Spray the baking dish with cooking spray. Put the chicken mixture into a 9"deep dish pie plate or an 8"x8" baking dish. Arrange the pretzels on top of the pot pie mixture with part of the pretzel touching the edges. Whisk the egg and 1Tbsp water in a small bowl. Brush each pretzel with this egg wash and sprinkle with pretzel salt..
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. The pretzels will be a beautiful brown and the filling will be bubbling !.
Make the creamy homemade soup base (NO Canned soups)! Start by making the creamy chicken soup base from scratch, which is SUPER easy! What you'll need to make chicken pot pie. Plus the pie can be made ahead of time which saves us all a bit of sanity this time of year. Making from-scratch pot pie may seem fussy, but using store-bought puff pastry cuts the cooking time in half.