Roast Duck Red Curry (Thai). Thai Red Curry with Roasted Duck Recipe (Kaeng Phed Ped Yang). Red Curry with Roasted Duck is popular on Thai restaurant menus especially in the West. It is not the kind of dish that Thai people would usually make at home but is a good choice for a special occasion such as a dinner party.
I consider myself a pretty good cook, but whenever I venture outside the Western tradition I try to seek out people who know more about the food than I do. Get the recipe for Thai Red Curry with Roasted Duck »Thomas Payne. For the best results when you're making this sweet and spicy dish, ask the counterperson at your local Chinese market to cut the roasted duck into pieces. You can make Roast Duck Red Curry (Thai) using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roast Duck Red Curry (Thai)
- It’s 2 Tbsp of red curry paste.
- Prepare 400 ml of coconut milk.
- Prepare 3 of kafir lime leaves.
- Prepare 1 of small bunch Thai Basil or Basil.
- Prepare 1 of Red Chilli (cut).
- You need 150 grams of pineapple.
- It’s 3-4 of cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/4 Tsp of salt (optional).
- Prepare of Roast duck.
- It’s 200 grams of duck breast with skin.
- You need 1 Tbsp of five spice.
- It’s 1 tsp of grounded coriander.
- It’s of Salt and Pepper.
We recommend using the Mae Ploy brand of canned coconut milk. [Thai Food] Red Curry with Roast Duck (Gang Phed Ped Yang) Hot Roasted Duck Curry, favorite menu that can find it everywhere in Thailand but its taste will. The leftover roast turkey will make a very delicious curry! Roast Duck Curry can change your life; it happened to our neighbors. Pierre and his family moved from France to next door and I made roast duck curry for them.
Roast Duck Red Curry (Thai) instructions
- For simple roast duck. Pre heat the oven for 190 Degree C.
- Score duck skin. Then rub mixture of five spice, ground coriander, salt and pepper on the skin. Also put salt and pepper on the flesh side..
- Put duck skin side down in a cold pan. Turn the heat to medium and cook for 3 minutes. Then reduce to low and leave the duck skin to render for 5-8 minutes. Check the skin and move the duck a couple of times during cooking..
- Finish the duck in the oven for 10 minutes. Duck will still be pink and tender. After coming out from the oven, rest the duck for 5-8 minutes. Then cut to pieces. Leave it aside..
- Now, we will make the curry. Prepare all ingredients for the curry..
- Heat up the pan with the cooking oil added, then cook the curry paste (with low heat). Keep moving it in the pan, we don’t want to burn it. Cook until it smells fragrant..
- Add 2/3 of the coconut milk. Cook the paste and coconut milk by stiring them together. Bring it up to the boil then reduce to medium heat..
- Add fish sauce, salt and sugar then add pineapple and tomatoes. Reduce to low heat..
- Add roast duck. Add water, the rest of coconut milk, kafir lime leaves and red chilli. Don’t stir. Bring it up to the boil. Then turn off the heat..
- Add Thai basil and stir. And it’s now ready to be served..
In the pantheon of Thai dishes, Roast Duck Curry fits a place high above the curries you normally get at restaurants. Add kaffir lime leaves, tamarind juice and chilli. Jump to navigation Jump to search. A bowl of kaeng phet pet yang, roast duck in red curry. Thai curry refers both to dishes in Thai cuisine that are made with various types of curry paste and to the pastes themselves.