Sweet Potato and Applesauce Casserole. Get Access To Daily Recipes, Tips, Product Recommendations & So Much More! Check Our Step-By-Step Guide To Cook Lip-Smacking Meals For Your Loved Ones. In a small bowl, mix applesauce, brown sugar, melted butter and cinnamon; pour over potatoes.
Mix brown sugar, nuts and cinnamon; sprinkle over applesauce. Mix sweet potatoes, applesauce, and pineapple tidbits in casserole dish. Mix butter with brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg till it looks like fine crumbs. You can have Sweet Potato and Applesauce Casserole using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato and Applesauce Casserole
- You need of For the bottom.
- Prepare 1 large of can (30 oz) sweet potatoes, drain.
- You need 1 can of (15 oz) applesauce.
- Prepare 1 can of (15 oz) pineapple tibbits, drain.
- It’s of Topping.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter, soft.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of oatmeal.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped nuts.
Naturally sweetened with applesauce and spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg, this healthy sweet potato casserole is a sure-fire crowd pleaser! It's nutritional profile can't be beat either…vegan, paleo, gluten-free, and dairy-free with absolutely NO sugar added! The variety of sweet potatoes with dark orange skin is often labeled as "yams." The very light-colored sweet potatoes are not as sweet and are drier than the darker-skin ones. We like the darker-skin sweet potatoes (or "yams") for this dish because they not only make a richer-colored dish but also a tastier, sweeter one.
Sweet Potato and Applesauce Casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- Mix sweet potatoes, applesauce, and pineapple tidbits in casserole dish..
- Make topping. Mix butter with brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg till it looks like fine crumbs. Add oatmeal and nuts. Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture..
- Bake in 350° oven for 30 minutes till the top is light brown..
Combine sweet potatoes, egg, brown sugar, milk, and applesauce together in a medium bowl. For topping, combine melted butter, brown sugar, flour, and pecans. But this Easy Apple and Sweet Potato Casserole with a rich, buttery streusel topping is not that dish… I love my mom, and I love her cooking. While we might share the same short dark hair, the same taste in clothes, the same books, and most of the same mannerisms, I am not my mom. This is so easy, so good, and so versatile!