Gingerbread Biscuits. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. Line two large baking trays with baking parchment. In a saucepan over a low heat, melt the butter, sugar, fresh ginger and golden syrup and leave to cool.
Gradually stir the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture. Bake a batch of festive gingerbread biscuits to give as gifts, hang on the tree or devour straight away. Kids will love decorating our easy cookies and ornate gingerbread houses. You can have Gingerbread Biscuits using 8 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Gingerbread Biscuits
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Golden Syrup.
- Prepare 300 g of Plan Flour.
- Prepare 1 of tsb Bicarbonate Of Soda.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Ground Ginger.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of mixed spice.
- Prepare 100 g of Unsalted Butter (softened & diced).
- It’s 150 g of Soft Dark Brown Sugar.
- You need 1 of Egg.
Gingerbread is a great thing to make at Christmas, these simple gingerbread biscuits look impressive hanging from the tree or given as gifts to family and friends. Gingerbread cookies are a must for the holidays, from gingerbread people to gingerbread houses.. Gingerbread, Gingerbread Biscotti, Storybook Gingerbread Men, Soft Gingerbread Cookies, Chewy White Chocolate Chip Gingerbread Cookies Directions. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Gingerbread Biscuits step by step
- Preheat the oven to 190c (375f/ Gas 5)..
- Heat the golden syrup until it liquefies, then leave to cool..
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and spices into a bowl. Then add the butter..
- Rub together using your fingertips until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs..
- Add the sugar to the breadcrumb looking mixture and miss well..
- Beat the egg into the cooled syrup..
- Make a well in the flour mixture..
- Pour in the syrup mix and mix together until you get a rough dough..
- Lightly flour the surface and briefly knead the dough..
- Once kneaded, add more flour to the work surface and roll out the dough 5mm (1/4in) thick..
- Use a cutter to cut out the shapes and pop onto a baking tray. For the gingerbread people, add small cut raisins for eyes, nose and buttons. You can also add sugar sprinkles too!.
- Mix the off it’s of dough and re roll until all the dough has been used..
- Bake for 10 – 12 mins until golden brown..
- Once baked, transfer onto a wire rack.
- Let cool and then decorate!.
Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Save the cuttings to make more people, or round ginger biscuits. Cut out cookies with desired cutter– the ginger bread man is our favorite of course. Remove cookie sheet from oven and allow the cookies to stand until the cookies are firm enough to move to a wire rack. Ginger biscuits are one of Britain's favorite biscuits and we have been eating them for centuries.