Vickys Greek Koulourakia – 'Cinnamon Cookies', GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Greek Koulourakia – 'Cinnamon Cookies', GF DF EF SF NF using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Greek Koulourakia – 'Cinnamon Cookies', GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 225 ml of olive oil.
- Prepare 90 ml of sweet red wine.
- You need 45 ml of fresh orange juice.
- It’s 35 g of granulated sugar.
- You need 25 g of roasted sesame seeds.
- It’s of grated zest of 1/2 an orange.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cloves / cardamom.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking soda / bicarb.
- Prepare 500 g of gluten-free / plain flour.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum if using gf flour.
- Prepare of soft brown sugar as required.
Vickys Greek Koulourakia – 'Cinnamon Cookies', GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, wine, orange juice, granulated sugar, sesame seeds, orange zest, cinnamon and cloves.
- Sieve the baking powder, baking soda and xanthan gum with the flour into the bowl and knead until you form a soft dough. If using gluten-free flour, keep a handful of flour back and add it to the mixture only if required.
- Preheat the oven to gas 3 / 170C / 325F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pinch off golfball-sized pieces of dough and roll into thin sausage shapes.
- Form into an ornate S shape as shown and place on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with the brown sugar and bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on the tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad