Tamale Egg Casserole. In a bowl wisk eggs, onion, red pepper, half n half, parmesan cheese, black pepper, and garlic until well incorporated. Pour egg mixture on top of tamale base. The Best Tamale Casserole With Tamales Recipes on Yummly
I have made this tamale casserole many times, with both chicken and beef. Can't really say I have a favorite, because I love them all. This dish isn't really about the meat, but about that yummy cornbread and that cheese. You can make Tamale Egg Casserole using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Tamale Egg Casserole
- You need 8 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of Vidalia Onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped Red Bell Pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Half n Half.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Crushed Garlic.
- Prepare of Black Pepper.
- It’s 8 of frozen or fresh Beef Tamales (susbstitute any flavor).
- Prepare of butter.
Combine your favorite Tex-Mex ingredients to make Tamale Casserole. Beef, salsa, beans, cheddar and more combine for our easy-to-make Tamale Casserole. As you know I just got back from NYC for the first time. Here's what I loved about it; I felt the city on the whole was driven, vibrant…everyone seemed like they were on their way to something important and life changing.
Tamale Egg Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Then line tamales (you may need to split a few tamales to cover pan) on a buttered 6×6 pan. With a spatula press down tamales to create a base layer so egg mixture sits on top..
- In a bowl wisk eggs, onion, red pepper, half n half, parmesan cheese, black pepper, and garlic until well incorporated..
- Pour egg mixture on top of tamale base. Place in oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until egg mixture is firm..
Unwrap tamales and cut into thick chunks. Then layer the onions, cheese, tortilla chips and chili without beans. How to make Chicken Tamale Casserole. The fun part about making this recipe is assembling all the layers! Here's how to do it step by step: Make the cornbread: Mix together the corn muffin mix, green chiles, eggs and milk.